Friday, March 11, 2011

Card Making

I love making cards.  It relaxes me.  It helps me gather my thoughts.  It stimulates my mind to be creative. 
I usually make cards at night after I put my daughter, Nina, to bed.  Before Nina was born, I make scrapbook page layouts but due to my tight schedule, creating cards became my outlet for creativity. 
I learned a lot of  the basics of cardmaking from Kristina Werner, she's one of the Garden Girls at Two Peas in a Bucket. (http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/) You can visit her blog and read her article on Cardmaking101, a 4-part article on cardmaking for beginners.  I really love her work.  Here's a link to that article:
http://www.kwernerdesign.com/blog/?cat=38

Cardmaking is a fun way to channel one's creativity.  It's a joy for me to give these cards to my friends and loved ones.  Here are just some of the cards that I made.  Don't worry I'll share with you how I make some of my cards in my next post.  Happy S.C.R.A.P.ing! :)

I made this card for Vikka, my husband's neice, for her 12th birthday.

I made this card using my Making Memories Slice Die-Cutting Machine.  I used the Basics 1 design card to cut out the flower and the word "enjoy".


This cards is inspired by the layout made by Kristina Werner in one of her Finally Friday posts.  Here's a link to that post: 
http://www.kwernerdesign.com/blog/?p=5037
But instead of using felt flowers, I cut out the flowers in my MM Slice using the Basics 2 design card.

No comments:

Post a Comment