Sunday, January 20, 2013

DIY Envelopes and Stamping with Handcarved Rubbercuts

I was given the honor to be one of the "Ninangs" of the daughter of our dear friends Archie and Karen. I made her a gift envelope for my "pakimkim". The other gift envelopes is for my Mom and sister. The two envelopes with the bird stamp is for their son, Kaliv who is also celebrating his birthday tomorrow.

The envelopes were made using a 6x6 inches patterned papers. Using my Martha Stewart scoring board I scored the paper diagonally at 4 1/4 inches on two parallel side and 4 inches on the other two parallel sides.

After scoring, I cut out the small triangles in the middle of the intersecting lines. I rounded the corners using my photo corner punch. I then folded the score lines and applied adhesive to make the envelopes.

To seal my envelopes, I made a 2 1/2-inch circles using a circle cutter and stamped it with my handcarved rubber stamps. A inked all the edges and wrote our greetings for the kids. Even without the scoring board, this can be done by using a ruler and the tip of a dried out ballpoint pen. Happy crafting! :)









































No comments:

Post a Comment